The Very Highest Quality Information...
Euro Coin FAQ's||
New Euro Coins Website
Euro Coins Index
Our Own Generic Euro Coin Set Presentation|
Our Own Presentation for the Greek Euro Coin Set|
Official 2002 Austrian Euro Coin Set|
Please note we now have a new website exclusively dedicated to Euro coins. The Euro section of this site, which you are currently at, will no longer be updated. All Euro updates will be at eurocoins.co.uk.
FAQ's about Euro Coins & Sets
We try to answer here some of the most frequently asked questions we receive about Euro coins & Euro coin sets. We advise you to read this page before e-mailing us to ask. We have had such a huge surge of demand that we are struggling to keep up with it. After Christmas, we usually have a few quiet weeks to catch up, but enquiries are now running at about 3 times our pre' Christmas peak. At the time of writing, we were running a 20 day backlog on answering e-mail enquiries!
- Most of the questions we are asked are already answered on one of the pages in our Euro section. Please take a look at them before asking us.
- To access all our Euro coin pages, please use the "Euro Coins Index" link near the top right hand corner of all our Euro pages.
- We give priority to orders and reservations which include payment. We are currently able to ship orders for "in stock" items within 24 hours, but are running at a 20 day backlog of unanswered e-mail enquiries.
- We update the pages in our Euro section daily as required, so the best place to look for news is within our Euro pages. For example, the Irish Euro page will tell you that we have both the official and unofficial 2002 Irish Euro sets in stock now.
- Do we have Euro coin sets in stock?
Yes, please check the pages for the specific countries or dates you want. There is an "Availability & Prices" table on each page telling you the stock and availability status of each set.
- When will we get sets from xxx?
Again, please check on the pages for the item you are interested in. The date in the "Availability" column is the expected release date. We will change this information within hours as we receive further news.
- Please advise me when you might have mint or proof sets for sale for the entire series for all the countries (8X12 or 8X15).
Check the availability charts for all the countries. At present we do not have complete data for some countries and sets. By the time we have the last items in stock, many of the earliest ones will have sold out. For example French 1999, 2000, and 2001 official sets are already sold out.. If you wish to acquire a complete collection it is best to send us an order with payment. Please see our Euro "Reservation Service" page.
- Proof Euro coin sets.
All the information we have about proof Euro coin sets is already on our Euro Proof Sets page. Please note many countries will definitely not issue any proof sets.
- Do we accept credit cards from US customers?
No, that's why our US order form says "Check enclosed payable to Chard".
- Do we accept cash payment?
Yes, we accept cash in sterling, euros, US dollars, but we would only recommend posting cash if you are not able to send a cheque is sterling, US dollars, or euros.
- How much is shipping to xxx?
Please see the relevant order form for your world region. UK, EU, US rates are shown on their respective order forms. All others can use the "Rest of the World" order form. There is also a link from all our order forms to a page of world postage & packing charges.
- Do your coin sets contain all eight denominations?
Yes, but there is a problem with Finland, details about this are on our Finnish euro page.
- Can I order via the internet?
Please print out our relevant order from, and post it with your cheque.
- Is there a set available with all 12 nations 1 Euro in one set?
Yes, please see our 12 x 1 Euro page. We will also be offering sets with 12 x 5 cents, 2 Euros, 50 cents, and may make up others if there is sufficient demand. Please note there may be a problem with Finnish 1 cent and 2 cent coins.
- How do I acquire ALL of Europe's euro coin and or notes collection for 2002. The ALL-in-one package.
Decide whether you want official or unofficial sets, and send us a check with your order / reservation. Most of the items have prices shown, where there are no prices shown, include a deposit of £10 or equivalent per item. If in doubt send us $1,000 for starters, and we will give priority to your order.
- Are you able to get the Sealed Portugal Euro Starter Kits with 34 coins?
We are trying to get some. Up to date information about them is on our "Portugal Euro" page, and also on our "Euro Starter Pack" page.
- What is the difference between the "official" and "unofficial" sets? If only the packaging, then what type of packaging do the "unofficial" coins come in?
The official sets will contain uncirculated coins, as will the official ones. It is possible the official ones may be slightly superior to the unofficial ones, but this is not certain. For our unofficial sets, we try to source coins in rolls, but otherwise we use them from mint sealed bags. There may be bagmarks or scuffs on any of the uncirculated coins, even from the official sets. We have a description and photographs of our own cases on many of our pages, including the "Our Euro Packaging" page. We show images of the official packaging on the appropriate page as soon as it becomes available.
- Do you know were I could purchase 1 EURO coins individually??
Yes, from us. Please look at our @2002 Individual Euro Coins" page. We will be happy to supply all other available years at similar prices.
- How can I order the 2002 Euro Coin Sets, via internet. if I live in Canada?
Just use our "Rest of the World" order form.
- Do you offer a complete proof set that includes the Euro, and related denominations respective of state, year*?.
No, some countries make proof sets, others do not, so it is impossible to get a proof coin from each country. They do not supply loose proof coins for us to make up our own pan-European proof set. You may want to look at our "12 x 1 Euro" page.
- I got the impression from your site that some of the states printed each denomination by year, though they remained unavailable until now. Please clarify.
Yes, you are quite correct. the countries which are issuing pre'2002 sets have minted coins with the production date on them, although they were not released before 2002. All countries with a monarch appear to have done this. It's very sensible when you consider that they would have a major problem if they built up 3 years production all dated 2002, then their monarch had died in December 2001. Germany do not have a monarch, but they have also produced coins dated from 1999.
- I would like to obtained the Euro coin set for the Vatican both in proof and uncirculated. Could you please give me an estimated price.
Our "Vatican Euro" page states quite clearly that the Vatican is not expected to produce any proof Euro sets. The reason we do not show a price for the uncirculated sets on our "Vatican Euro" page is that we have not received any indication of the price. If we had any more information, we would publish it.
By the time we receive price and release date information on these and some other issues, they may be sold out at source. We realise this may sound like a stupid situation, but we are dealing here with governments, mints and bureaucrats, most of whom are not good at sharing information.
- Do you sell banknotes also?
Not usually, but we have been asked so many times, that we have added a Euro Banknotes" page.
- I am looking for one or more sets of the old coins that have just gone out of circulation for each country (also, mint and proof where available). Can you help?
We have been selling these for several years now. These are listed under 2001 World Coin Sets, 2000 World Coin Sets, and World Coin Sets - Earlier (all reached via the "Coins Index" page of our site. Please note that many of the issues are completely sold out already.
- I am thinking that this is all too confusing..... Is it possible that I can just say to you.... send me all official sets, all the years........ uncirculated and proof.... and then you do that as you have them, or get them?? ...each time charging me shipping as required??
We agree, it is confusing. With 12 countries, or 15 if you count the 3 minor states, some issuing coins for 4 years, and then multiply by proof, official, unofficial, pan-Euro sets, there are over 200 country / date / grade set possibilities. Consider that all 15 countries have their own policies, systems, bureaucracies, and languages, and you will start to appreciate the supply problems we have.
If you send us a check with an order, we try our best to help, orders receive priority over enquiries.
- Regarding to 2002 Euro, I have seen mention of a "Mint Masters Set". Have you such a product and can you provide me with a description and price?
It's probably the same thing as the "Presidency Set" which we describe surprisingly on our "Presidency Set" page.
- Please notify me when you have Vatican Euros for sale.
We have got them for sale now, it's just that we do not know the price or release date. By the time we get to know either of these pieces of information, it is extremely likely that all the sets will have sold out. We do explain this on our Vatican Euros page and elsewhere.
- I would like to buy some Euro coins from you, how do I order them.
Just click on the appropriate order form, fill it in and send it off.
- I ordered, approx 18 Dec, the 12 set Euro coins, query order status??
Ever since we published our Euro Coins pages in October 2001, we have stated that we expect to have stock in January 2002. As we developed our pages, we have kept them updated with projected delivery dates. Instead of contacting all our customers directly to give them updates, we publish latest delivery and stock positions on the relevant pages of our Euro Coins section, also on the "Availability & Shipping Dates" page.
- I was confused when looking at your order form since I thought the purpose of the new Euro money was to have one set of money that was good for all but 3 countries. Please send me information along with prices...
It is good in all Eurozone countries, it's just that each of the countries is allowed to issue coins with its own national designs (within guidelines) on the obverse. The reverse is common to all countries. This is detailed in our "Euro Coins - Images & Specifications" page. All the information you need is already on the Euro Coins section of our website.
- If I were to order the full range of Eurozone coins and they're available at different times of the year,
how would payment and delivery work?
We give advice about this on our "All Euro Sets - Don't Miss Any
", "Reservation Service for Euro Sets" pages and others.
- are you taking orders for euro coins sets, 1 coin from all 12 countries? we
would need about 50 sets. when would they be shipped?
Just as soon as we receive deliveries from all 12 countries. Updates as shown on most of the pages, including Availability & Shipping Dates.
- I am interested in purchasing euro coin sets.
Don't let us stop you.
- THIS IS MY 6TH TIME ASKING FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE EURO COIN
DO YOU ACCEPT CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS!!!!!
Just looking at the order form once would have given you the answer.
- Hello, I want 5 starter-kits from Vatican, Monaco. please tell me if i can get some of this and which price i have to pay
Please check our "Starter Packs" page, which show that we do not yet have prices or availability for starter packs of those two countries. The same information is also shown on the page for each country. Any changes will be shown as soon as possible.
- When will a complete 2002 coin proof set of all Euro participating countries be available in one mailing
Your question could mean numerous things, to try to answer all possible meanings:-
Not all countries will be issuing proof sets or coins.
There is no "all countries" proof set.
When the last one is issued. Our "Euro Proof Sets" page currently shows many items as "TBA" which we explain as "To Be Announced." As we do not know the release dates of many individual sets, we do not know when the last will be issued. If you wait until the availability dates are published, many of them will be sold out.
- Can I order a set via the internet?
If you mean do we have online ordering, the answer is no. Just click the relevant order form, print it out, and post it off to us.
- I am interested in prices for the Euro coins. I am interested in uncirculated coin sets. At the least I would want complete sets. Can you spare some pricing information to an American?
All our Euro sets are priced in three currencies, pounds sterling, US dollars, and Euros. Our "2002 Euro Unofficial* Coin Sets - All 12 States" and other pages show a US dollar price for all 12 sets, just add whichever postage option you prefer.
- Do they offer the silver proof sets as in the US?
No. If they did, we would list them.
- I am looking for a way to purchase all of the 1999 proof sets for euro coins; what would be the cost, including shipment to the US?
If you look at our "Proof Euros" page, you will see that all prices say "TBA", in other words, we do not know yet. You could also check all 5 countries listed on our 1999 Euro Sets page. Information about prices and availability will be shown within hours of us knowing it.
- I wish to buy a German Euro coin set, 2002 A Official Uncirculated Announced January £10.95 $16.50 ?17.95. I have viewed the set on your web site and it only shows 3 coins in the set instead of all 8 coins. My question is does the set contain all 8 coins?
No, the photo we show is what we received. We presume it is the cover or inside cover. When we get to see one, we will know, but without any doubt at all the official set will contain all 8 coins.
More about the EuroZone
1992 England Pattern ECU's
World Coins & Sets - Who Issued What?
Euro Coins Index
...at the Lowest Possible Price|
32 - 36 Harrowside, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY4 1RJ, England.|
Telephone (44) - (0) 1253 - 343081 ; Fax 408058; E-mail:
The URL for our main page is: https://24carat.co.uk